Resources like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook are great tools for communicating your message. But these aren’t magical tools, it actually takes work to to get your message out there. People don’t just start following you because you set up an account on any of these platforms. Apart from hooks in your writing, you need to actually find people who are interested in what you have to say. Social media is no different from real life–outside of a relationship, no one really cares what you might have to say. Of course, once you become known by some as an expert in your field, others will find out about your work. Word of mouth is what we use to call it, but the concept is still the same. Successfully sell your ideas to a few and more will follow. But it takes work and doesn’t happen over night.
About the Author
- Sarah Flashing is a digital creative, content creator and public speaker. Her life goal is to help people succeed in business and life by employing the tools that open doors to success. Contact Sarah to find out how she can help you move from dream to reality with a new website, creative content, or coach you through a workable business plan or marketing strategy.
- blogging2019.02.0510 Great Reasons Why You Should Blog
- Branding2019.01.29I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For: Why Your Cleverness Will Undermine Your Marketing Strategy
- Marketing2019.01.28My Story: Why I Chose to Be a Marketer
- Business Strategy2019.01.25Give them Something to Talk About: Influencer Marketing