You don’t have a blog on your website? Blogging isn’t for you? There are so many reasons why you should blog and zero reason to wait. It doesn’t matter what industry you represent, blogging is one way to keep the traffic coming to your website. And its not like writing a book – a blog post can be as long or short as you want. It can be funny or serious. Your blog can even include pictures! Blogging doesn’t have to be a synonym for boring. Here are your 10 great reasons why you should blog and add a new dimension to your marketing strategy.
1. Search engines are watching for fresh, new content on websites. Whether its written content or even video, keep the content coming because search engines like Google and Bing look more favorably on sites that are regularly updating content with original material..
2. Blog content can be used across various channels. Use the same content it in a newsletter, a podcast or even a public presentation that you would in a blog. You can get a lot of mileage out of one blog post!
3. Blog posts give you more opportunity to connect with your customers. You can tell them exactly what you want them to know! If they’re reading, they’re paying attention. Give them reasons to visit your blog like upcoming sales, special event announcements, and even human interest stories. By keeping their interest on your website you have more opportunity to draw new visitors to your website.
4. New, quality content means repeat visits. Keep writing and they will come back!
5. You become known as an expert in your field. If your writing regularly on philosophy, golf, event planning or whatever your favorite topic is, you can bet there’s an audience looking for it. There is always someone who shares your same passion, don’t lose the opportunity by maintaining a stale web presence.
6. Blogging keeps you connected with your community, especially to the media. You’re having a ribbon cutting, a fundraiser or a special performer at your business – don’t forget the press release! A website properly set up will allow press releases to run through the general blog feed as well as post on a separate press release page. I can help you with that!
7. Writing is good for you! It can be beneficial to your mind, body and spirit. Writing can teach you to communicate better in general and build confidence. It can also be therapeutic, providing an outlet for emotional energy. And if your goal is to write well, it can also make you smarter.
8. Blogging will eventually force you to learn something new. Unless you have nothing else to learn, chances are you’ll have to research something about your topic to deliver a great piece.
9. Blogging creates the opportunity to engage your clients and customers. When they leave comments you can engage them and find out what other help you can provide. Its another way to stay connected!
10. Blogging can be a means to financial growth, not just because it brings more people to your business, but monetizing a blog is an actual option. If you can build a substantive readership, sponsors are out there and interested in clinging to your success with paid advertising. Affiliate marketing is another option. Definitely something to consider!
I could probably list 10 more reasons why blogging can benefit your business or organization, but even my first 5 were sufficient in making the point. But you need to make sure you’re blogging at your website, not somewhere that takes people away from your business, geographically speaking. Your work will be enhanced simply with you engaging the writing process, but don’t limit its impact to the professional development side. Blogging can have a real impact on your bottom line, too.