These are non-negotiables. If you struggle in any of these areas, your ability to build a business will be seriously challenged. Of course, some entrepreneurs and long-time business owners are better at some of these points and build a team to close in on the other areas that are necessary for a successful business. For instance, if you’re not good at training staff, you can hire that out if your budget allows. But some things can never be outsourced. If your’e unable to make friends or even deal with failure, you’ll only be in business for a short time. What areas do you need to work on?
- Ability to manage money.
- Ability to raise money.
- Ability to relieve stress.
- Ability to be productive.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make friends
- Ability to identify strengths & weaknesses.
- Ability to hire and train staff.
- Ability to manage staff.
- Ability to do digital marketing.
- Ability to connect via social marketing.
- Ability to focus on your customers.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Ability to spot new trends.
- Ability to deal with failure.
- Desire to improve your world.
Sarah Flashing is a digital creative, writer and public speaker. Her professional goals include helping people find success by employing the best tools available. Formerly a college instructor with a background in leadership development, Sarah works with organizations around the country helping them to develop & implement marketing and management strategies. Invite Sarah to speak at your next event.